Mulch: Why So Many Choices?
When trying to decide which type of mulch is best for your landscaping needs, you may feel overwhelmed by all the options. What are the differences, and which one is best for your situation?
What Is Mulch?
First, let’s quickly address what mulch is. Mulch is a topping for the soil that can be made from leaves, bark, or even compost. Mulch provides nutrients and helps prevent mineral loss in plants and shrubs. It also helps retain the moisture in the soil, reducing the amount of time spent watering - and it delays the growth of weeds.
Types of Mulch and Their Benefits
Selecting which type of mulch to use may just be a personal preference but here are some scenarios in which you might want to consider a certain type of mulch.
- Organic Mulch decomposes, and as it does it puts nutrients into the soil.
- Nuggets are larger than shredded mulch, so they last longer before decomposing.
- Colored Mulch like our popular brown mulch, black or red, are used for aesthetic purposes to spruce up your landscape.
- Playground mulch provides a cushion for children while they play. It’s a popular choice for keeping kids safe at schools and daycares.
- Cypress mulch is great for preventing weeds and it deters insects and reptiles.
Need Landscaping in Cumming, Ga?
If you’re interested in landscaping your yard or need help deciding which type of mulch is best for your property, give us a call. The experts at Nature's Management Group, are some of the top landscapers in Cumming, GA. We can help with all your gardening needs!
Posted on Behalf of Nature's Management Group